Texas is famous for all sorts of stuff. Beef Brisket is one of them! Get the recipe here.
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon jarred beef base
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons hickory liquid smoke
- 1 (2 -3 lb) beef brisket, flat trimmed
- 1⁄4 cup beer
- 3 tablespoons bottled chili sauce
- Lightly grease a 6 quart slow cooker, add onion and garlic. Stir together chili powder and next 5 ingredients. Rub over brisket and place brisket over onion mixture in slow cooker.
- Whisk together beer and chili sauce. Slowly pour mixture around brisket, avoid removing spices from brisket.
- Cover and cook on low for 7 to 8 hours or high 4 to 5 hours. When done uncover and let sit in cooker 20 minutes.
- Remove brisket from slow cooker; cut brisket across the grain into thin slices put on serving plate and spoon pan juices over meat.